tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cash Bash (Johnny Cash Tribute Benefit)

A little over a week until the first event of the 2009 Americana Music Tribute series, the 4th annual Johnny Cash Tribute starting at 9 pm on Saturday, February 28th at the 6 Pence Pub on 7th St. in Parkersburg. $5 donation supports the work of Children's Home Society of WV-Parkersburg Mid Town Family Resource Center. We are hoping to sell a lot of advance tickets because then we will be in the bigger back room, which I feel is more suitable and comfortable for the live music show. With several bands, or at least groups of musicians, there will be more spreading out room, and lots of good seats and views. So please talk up the advance sales. I will be telling Kim, the owner, about the advance sales on Wednesday of next week. I am needing to also give her some idea of the line up because some folks want to know about specific performers that will be there. So if you haven't already, let me know if you are wanting to play, and what the make up of your act is. Grace Hall and Outlaw Deluxe will be opening up at 9 pm. From there I still need to select time slots. I have Grace's set list if anyone wants to see it. We've got some fun door prizes or contest prizes lined up. We are already starting a 50-50 drawing ahead of time with the drawing that night. Its gonna be a fun night!

3 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger steve peck said...

Steve,

I am definitely wanting to play.
If possible, I would like a time slot that starts at 10:00 or 10:30.
Please send me any set lists you have.

As of right now, list me as "Steve Peck & Friends." [I have lined up 2 vocal assistants and am working on additional backup].

I will commit to 10 advance tickets. [hope i can sell more] I have collected $ for 4, have some strong verbal commitments, and other people to talk to by Monday.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger steve tuck said...

Great, Steve - I'll forward you Grace Hall's set list, and thanks for the promo work on the advance tickets-

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i was gonna suggest a 50/50, then i read that it's already happening. nice! i posted a bulletin about advance ticket sales...i will try to push some this week as i run into folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home