tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Bob Dylan Tribute musicians thank you!

I am still shaking my head in disbelief at what a fantastic line up of musicians we had Saturday night for the Bob Dylan tribute, for our Children's Home Society of WV fund raiser. This was nearly 5 hours of solid music, with people pouring their soul into their performances and song selections. The spirit of giving, and connecting with the audience creates a memory for me that will long be remembered and cherished. From Matt Starcher's opening set, through Aaron Whited (with Alisha and Mary Mary), Steve Peck doing a solo set, Ken Barton and Joe Wince and Gary Prater, to Fred Shreve and Greg Syner, then Steve Peck brought up a hot line up of musicians for a rocking set, and then Ken Barton's trio came back on for another rollicking set. Eric Lawson and Jonny Nutter were troupers, yielding to all this great group dynamics, and played late sets, after most of the crowd had left (unfortunately for them!!!) with two solo acoustic sets that provided an equally wide set of songs from the Dylan songlist. Matt Starcher thought I should be keeping everybody's set list, but I couldn't possibly keep up, so if anyone wants to contribute to piecing that together; give it a whirl!!!! Thanks again to all these great musicians, and to Corey and JT for the sound work; they are always exhausted by the end of putting together these shows, but bounce back for the next one!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger matt said...

THANKS BIG TIME TO COREY AND TJ!I LOVED ALL THE PERFORMANCES.MADE ME FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER.MY SET INCLUDED 1.TALKIN WW3 BLUES 2.OXFORD TOWN 3.THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION(NOT BOB BUT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ROCK FOLK AND ROLL)I HEARD SEVERAL GOOD VERSIONS OF IT AINT ME BABE,TOMOROWS THE DAY MY BRIDES GONNA COME,.BUT MY FAVORITE IS WAS FRIOM HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED.I GOT THIS JUNKYARD ANGEL WHO KEEPS MY KIDS.ECT.....LOVED IT! A FEW MAGGIES FARMS IN THERE TOO.GOD BLESS ALL THAT PARTICIPATED.THANKS MATTHEW T.STARCHER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home