tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Traveling Music today

Anais Mitchell, Mindy Smith and Adrienne Young were the women singers I listened to today on my trip to Charleston and back. Anais, who came through Parkersburg and played at the Front Row, through an arrangement I made with Righteous Babe records, has a great and unique voice, very poetic lyrics, and diverse musical styles. I still follow her touring and developments from her visit here. Mindy Smith, who I stumbled on because of her duets on John Prine's Fair and Square album, has a beautiful voice, and plaintive and emotion ladened lyrics. Adrienne Young has those "old timey" instrumentals, a good environmental conscience, some great musical partnerships, and puts on a great live show. Will Kimbrough's involvement in this CD (that I listened to today) Plow to the End of the Row, brought me back full circle to the last few days of music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home