tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Corinne West's new CD The Promise

I received a copy of Corinne West's new CD from a promoter, being an enthusiastic fan of her previous CD Second Sight (2008). Having heard about her from connection with Aaron Phillips out there in California, I follow her music pretty avidly.
You put together a review analysis: voice, songwriting, instrument arrangement, overall impression- this is a fun and exciting total in this case- I can't do better describing than some of the good reviews already coming out for the CD. She has a strong voice, unique (not wanting to compare to others) and yet familiar. The songwriting continues as previous work and grows on; mysterious and mystical and yet also down to earth pictures and visions. The music has some great instrumentation and works throughout; obvious great talent amassed and committed to the project. This CD is getting lots of listens to become familiar and embedded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home