tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Greens

I spent some time this weekend in DC, and got a first hand account of some of the Greens shows in that vicinity this summer- Wonderland Ballroom, Firehouse in Fairfax, etc. My sister and brother-in-law hosted the Greens and attended some of the shows, as well as "pre-viewing" the venues among some of their co-workers. They are big Greens boosters, and great to have "on board" in that area. Andy was able to talk about some of the challenges and tribulations at getting bookings out of the familiar stomping grounds. The Greens will be cutting back to weekend shows now that school year routines are getting re-established- after one more flurry with the trip down to Asheville NC this weekend.
I have been communicating with Nathan about a concept show for December 19th here in the Parkersburg area- so hopefully there will be some more news on that shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home