tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Travelin' Music

I drove to Wash DC and back by myself as part of a long weekend family reunion, giving me a good run of time to listen to music. This is not in exact order, as the miles blur together, but I listened to:
Randy Newman (the Best of)(A Rhino Records release from 2001)
Don Baker (Play me a song) - a local Belpre OH singer songwriter, new release- produced and assisted on music by Todd Burge
Tommy Womack (There I Said it!)
Adam Carroll (Old Town Rock N Roll) (passed through town in July for a house concert at John Radcliff's)
Lucinda Williams (Little Honey)
Fred Eaglesmith (Tinderbox)
Stacey Earle and mark Stuart (Town Square)
Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women
Owen Temple (Dollars and Dimes)
John Hiatt (Same Old Man)
Will Kimbrough (Home Away)
Todd Snider (The Excitement Plan)

This was a fantastic listen all the way from P-burg to DC - around town, and back to P-burg. Much of it was early listens; a number were mid-range in my collection; and all satisfied my craving for great singer songwriters plying their craft. I'll try to re-visit some of these for commenting later, but wanted to get the whole list out before I got too caught back up in work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home