tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

review: greens show friday night at bogie's

The Greens played to an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd at Bogie's Friday night, October 28th. It seemed to be a pretty good mix of "fans" of the band from the Parkersburg area, and perhaps some new live music listeners.
Here's the set list as best as I can recreate it: I have never been too good at the official names of the songs (!) and then there are the new ones, which I wouldn't have known the names of anyway; Andy keeps cranking 'em out... pretty amazing.
Big Ole Bessie
10,000 Days (with a new verse about putting my foot right through the computer)
Don't You Worry Baby
[Without Mercy] (* title check needed!!!)
Jumpin Jack Flash (reference to seeing the Stones recently in Pittsburgh)
Anon
[starving artist] * title?
Heavy Mentals (I call it Let's Get heavy)
Jones'in'
Little Warrior
Cars and Horses
Truck Stop Religion
Nothing to Fear (andy says: "I like a good spiritual")
Country Maestro

Break

Bushwhacker
Confessin'
[Part Two] ? (I think this is it; its from the first CD- Strange Language)
LA Woman (quite an extended jam!)
She's a Busy Girl (with a few improv lyric changes!!)
"Booty" Shake
Cinnamon Girl
an instrumental that I could not recall a name.....
Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Shakedown Street (a particular Parkersburg crowd favorite; that the Band played at a VERY fast tempo!!!!!!!)
"There will be a time when real soul music comes back" (does this have a shorter actual title?)
Beekeeper
**** A new song that I hadn't heard and don't even really have a hint of a title!

A SHORT BREAK!

a Blues improv
In Time
Psychedelic Sky
Rap Song - references to Carl; key lime pie, etc.
un recorded but familiar song about the car that was for sale
Voodoo Chile
Paint it Black
Apocalypso

Encores?
another Rap
Good Times/ Bad Times (title?)
Ray Charles' "what'd I say?"

As you can see, I kinda faded on the titles toward the end; the crowd was in to it, and the place was rockin'........... good job fellas......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home