tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Further words and corrections - John prine show

So I spelled Jason Wilber's name wrong; sorry- I read the exchange trying to guess his age on the jpshrine "chat." They concluded he is 28. Something like playing with john prine since age 18. He has a new CD of his own coming out; I have three of his; try to support the Indiana feller. I will track down background on Pat McLaughlin, too; what his gig is- from Waterloo Iowa? He puts one of a mind of Fred Eaglesmith's back up band folks. Really enjoys himself on the stage. A movin' groovin' fellow.
Of course I dug Storm Windows, with three part harmony- he introduces it like Andy- "this is a winter song, better play it while we can- weather wise."
I didn't want to tell Andy that we LIKED the background vocals in "taking a walk"- the Ray Coniff background vocals- with Pat and Jason doing the echo part. When you know that JOhn did that on purpose, for effect, it does make it kind of cool. JOhn did not break a string on Lake Marie, but he did do his little hip thing (with his artificial hip). Sweet Revenge as one of the encore songs has been a nice thing recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home