tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Musicians get together for Woody Guthrie tribute

Any musicians who are interested in playing at the Woody Guthrie tribute in July, are invited to get together Tuesday, May 9 at 7 pm at 1739 St. Mary's Ave. Parkersburg (third store front) to hear some Woody Guthrie songs on CD, look at some sheet music; bring a guitar and play a verse or two (or 13) of a song; see if anyone else wants to sing harmony, etc. This is just to "test the waters" as to who is out there; get familiar with the songs and other musicians. There will probably be a least a second one of these, so if you can't make it don't worry. I will be making some phone calls to contact some interested musicians from previous shows, etc. But feel free to spread the word. You might have people call me to let me know who's coming; or when you see me at upcoming Greens shows, or around town, let me know of your interest. This is three days after the next vinyl record sale at the Sound Exchange, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home