tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tuesday night geetar pull and listening room

This Tuesday evening at 7 pm is when I am hoping to get a few musicians together for the first of several Woody Guthrie tribute (july 15th) "rehearsals" - "auditions" (ha ha) - song swappin.' I will have probably 10 CD's to listen to songs off of; and loan out if you're trustworthy. I'll have one or two guitars there, but bring your own if you want. I'll have some (small amount) of song lyrics/ chords to get people started. I'll have a list of the songs I tentatively would challenge someone to play (or learn by July)- and tell a little about what I have in mind- I'd like there to be plenty of story telling in the tribute- how Woody worked between his songs and his life and the times he lived in- and how singers/ songwriters since then have been doing that, "under his influence" even if they didn't know it was his influence. Where it is: 1739 St. Mary's Ave., Parkersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home