tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Take a deep breath and plunge ahead

Friday the 28th I am headed with a car load to see Arlo Guthrie in Tiffin Ohio at the Ritz Theater. We got a 5th ticket today so Beth could come along. This will be a grand adventure back to some old stompin' grounds (in a manner of speaking) and to see Arlo "in the great midwest." I'll be missing the Greens show at Bogies Friday night; I'll expect and hope for, some sort of report from someone. Then Saturday, I'll be back for the Greens at the Wheel House; and to convey to Andy how Arlo's show was. Then on to next week; Thursday to see project object at the Empty Glass; the FZ tribute show; I was very excited to be "hit" by a few responses to my mention of the project object last week; and even got a set list from the Cleveland show, and an exchange about the 18 year old drummer. Then Friday night its the Greens for Cinco de Mayo at the 6 Pence Pub. Saturday is the next vinyl record sale with proceeds to CHS in front of the Sound Exchange. Then the next Tuesday, its the first (of what I hope are several) musicians get-togethers leading up to the Woody Guthrie tribute. Come listen to some Woody music via CD's and pass the guitar around to hear a few renditions, and trade "licks." Then I'm scheduled to sing a few "protest songs/ anti-war songs" from the 60's to history classes at PHS on May 18th. Then Fred Eaglesmith and Greg Brown at the hocking folk festival in Nelsonville on May 20th.
New announcement: Todd Snider will be in Nelsonville on July 29th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home