tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Vinyl Record Sale tomorrow

Saturday May 6, 11 am to 4 pm is the second "first saturday" sale to benefit children's home society in front of the sound exchange on Murdoch in Parkersburg. Be prepared for a pretty eclectic mix; there won't be the good selection from last month; you'll want to come with an open mind. I will have some 78's this time. I sold all my 45's yesterday to an advance buyer. I will be really try to pitch the connection/ continuity between the record sales and the tribute shows. "Enjoying Music...... Helping Kids" is the combined theme. The kids in the after school program made some buttons with that slogan; available for a donation tomorrow, and on-going- pick one up to encourage the kids. I'll report after the sale if I made any good connections about future music events; and if I sold any wacky LP's. I'm already formulating some off-beat ideas/ promos for the June vinyl record sale (the 3rd). I've gotten the word out to a decent number of people about the first musician's get together for the Woody Guthrie event (This coming Tuesday, May 9th, at 1739 St. Mary's Ave; suite 3- call me, steve at 485-0650 for info)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home