tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

5 days till John Prine tribute night

A quick, first apology- I mentioned musicians performing and misstated the names of Matt and Will Kirkland in my last entry. Will is coming back for the event all the way from Tennessee, where he is working after graduating last december from UK. He plays the guitar and fiddle. It will be interesting to see if anyone out-distances him for coming the farthest. We expect a good fiddle part for Paradise (Muhlenberg County) for a finale again this year! Someone bring a mandolin, too, if you can.
I am dusting off the contests; they never really go over too big, but I'm refining my craft of contest-leading; so people have to bear with me. I thought the contest of people reading off the town names on I've been everywhere, during the JOhnny Cash tribute was a nice touch. I've got a few variations of past contests that I'm considering for this week.
I stopped in to the wheel house last night, just to make sure we were all squared on the date, since the parkersburg news and graffiti are messing with me- they both gave the date as Saturday Oct. 14th- which is NOT RIGHT- this morning's paper had both days in it!!! I love John Prine, but I don't know if I could pull off two nights in a row- its kinda exhausting running this show; plus I will immediately begin planning the Neil Young event, and the 2007 events, so I'll stay busy (if anybody was worried about me getting too bored.....)
I'll go make a plug tonight at the Back to the Beat monthly get together at the art center- hope that doesn't interfere with Mary's gig, but we are kindred spirits. Got to get a few more flyers around, to counteract the newspapers blunders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home