tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Women of Americana Music celebration April 27

Starting to get a little stir going; people commenting about putting songs together, etc. for the 2nd event of the 2007 Americana Music Tribute Series, April 27th at the Wheel House in Parkersburg, 8 pm. I had a little scare with the re-vamping at the Wheel House, that they might not have kept my date on the books, but I think that's cleared up. Thanks to Chuck for being an enthusiastic thread of consistency for my crazy dreams and event planning. Don and Cynthia Howerton came to the CHS fund raiser last night, and they are always so enthusiastic about music and links etc. They updated me a lot on Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch goings on; gave me a lead on a singer for the women's show; talked about some Gillian Welch songs and more. They boost my spirit every time I see them.
Got some flyers to go up around town this weekend; they are my amateuristic poor artwork but will have to do till somebody steps forward with an artistic concept; mine are throwbacks to 60's mimeographed flyers. Look for them around the usual spots around Parkersburg; and encourage people to step up and sing a set of songs. I expect to hear at least one anthem like: LInda Ronstadt "when will I be lllluuuuvvvvvved."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home