tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

thanks to all who made the JP tribute a success

Thanks to everyone who made the john prine 5th annual tribute/ benefit a rollicking success. The wheel house folks; who have steadily supported these fundraisers and getting people out to enjoy live local music; the musicians who really put their soul into their work; the sound guys who toil tirelessly (well maybe they DO get tired) and have a cheery attitude all the way through, the audience who show sparks of appreciation and enthusiasm that keeps it going- the supporters who came, bought raffle tickets, won door prizes enthusiastically. I think the crowd might have been down from some years, but there seemed to be lots of satisfied patrons throughout the night; some new folks. I'm wrapping up the details; all my crazy stuff to unload, re-distribute, etc. so I am still reeling from the details, but thanks to everyone.
We, as always, carry some momentum on to the next event- I like that people seem to be always boosted up and looking forward to the next event!
The greens halloween show in two weeks; the neil young show in less than a month- I need some more musicians by the way! more later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home