tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Neil Young Tribute show recap

Thanks to all the folks who came out to the show last night; especially the musicians, who were very enthusiastic and put their all into it. We had four musicians (was all)- so that really puts a lot of pressure on those who do come to put on a good long set or two. They kept the spirit up and kept things going. I hope it was enjoyable and keeps the momentum we have tried to create with the series. Thanks to the wheel house crew; I didn't really feel I thanked them enough, and of course the sound crew.
We had some good prizes I think, and some folks should have gone away happy with that stuff.
We made close to $500 once again, I should do a summary of the whole year's totals for these musical fund raisers including the vinyl record sales, just for a little perspective. Its a fair amount of work throughout the year, but enjoyable, and spread out. I do kind of look forward to a small break here; but its not too early to begin planning for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home