tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Greg Brown Friday night at Stuart's OPera House in Nelsonville

Greg Brown's show at Stuart's Opera House is quickly approaching- tomorrow night! He is a great songwriter and great performer. I follow a fan website with exchanges of enthusiastic folks; who will always submit the set lists for shows, and trade updates on things they hear. There has been a bit of a brouhaha lately because one guy sent in a negative review of a show in Madison Wisconsin, and everybody got fired up- some good exchanges about musicians people love who have a long career and a long song list to choose from each and every show; the way some people just love anything a favorite does, and others who are disappointed if they don't play the songs they love the most, etc. I am definitely of the bent of appreciating the musicians I love under any circumstances for the show they give- being philosophical about a short show, or a meandering set list. A few months ago, people on the website were describing Greg's voice in some pretty creative posts- that was fun- if you enjoy people having fun with descriptions you should look up the site- I'm too lazy now to direct you to it- you'll have to search around for it- give you something creative to do.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home