tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

trivia questions waiting in the wings if needed

I always have to see how the shows go...... if the music is flowing, that's mainly what keeps people happy, and less talk/ less banter between sets. But if it drags, or needs a little spicing up, or I need to give away more of the prizes at some point as the crowd is thinning, then a little contest can fit in. I think I have enough to conduct a little simple contest if I can get any takers. Especially when I stick in a little Hank Jr. stuff too. I have to admit I don't know enough about Hank III to include him much; I'd have to rely on one of my audience participation contests, where two contestants square off giving each other trivia questions to see who can stump the other. That's always a little wild and wooly and risky for total flop-dom.
As I said previously, I'm not super prepared; my best intentions often fall short of follow through, but there's always next time..............

some hank jr. trivia: who did he learn to play the piano from? (jerry lee lewis)
what kind of accident did he have in 1975? mountain climbing
first appearance on grand ol opry at what age? 11

how old when singing songs for songtrack to movie bio Your cheating heart? 15


hank sr. trivia

life size statue in what southern city? montgomery alabama
real first name: hiram
rock and roll hall of fame ? - true or false; if so what year? 1987
what state did he die in; back of his cadillac? wv- new years eve 1953

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home