tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bob Dylan birthday tribute benefit

It is Wednesday afternoon; within three days of the tribute show. I am (yet again) so appreciative of the musicians who show so much enthusiasm for performing. The festivities begin aroun 9 pm Saturday night at the Front Row on Emerson Ave., Parkersburg. We'll be in there early getting things set up, so stop by early if you want to pitch in, or just enjoy the comraderie. I am still finalizing the line up, based on my usual "trying to make it work for everyone"- approach. Everyone is always a lot more laid back and cooperative than that, but I always stress a bit about it (not enough to leave any lasting problems!). Recent phone or e-mail check-in's with Craig Greening of Stone Road Band, Jeremy Mayle, Todd Heslep, Jonny Nutter, Eric Lawson, all give the thumbs up. I've got a few more to get back to me, and there's always the chance of some folks showing up ready to play that night. I do give the willingness to run it like an open mike, just giving priority to the folks I've worked with leading up to the event.
I've got a couple of contests ready to put into action if the circumstances allow. Thanks to everyone who can spread the word right up to Saturday night. Thanks to Bill Poole for the willingness to give it a whirl and for his fun things he sends my way. Most recently, an mp3 of Bob Dylan singing "Catfish."
I put a lot of energy into the event itself, and usually am pretty wiped out afterward, but I always appreciate feedback and input for future events, so don't hestitate to track me down.
It will barely be a deep breath, before Jason Ricci's show, the Greens at the Front Row, Jason Wilber coming to town, Steve Earle at Stuart's Opera House in Nelsonville, Walter Trout, and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home