tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Greens show last night in Marietta

The Greens put on a great show at the Marietta Brewing Company last night. Nathan had the high school graduation to attend, and was dapper in his tie all evening. It seemed to put him in hyper energy mode of inspired drumming, with some amazing work throughout the evening.
Andy opened up solo/ acoustic, awaiting Nathan's arrival. He included "Natural Voice" which I haven't heard for some time- that was great to hear. Then the Greens began with about 45 minutes of "acoustic" sound- an excellent set list for that sound- that really got the show kicked off much to the audience's liking. Mercy and Moving Picture were in there, Beekeeper.
Tip of the hat to Wes for giving me a little lesson in technology which I could learn to use to record the nights set list on my cell phone, instead of scrawling on a piece of paper; it would take me a while to learn to type letters on a phone keypad however.
The Greens really got into the groove and their was a festive and appreciative audience throughout the evening. Even the 80's party going on next door couldn't distract from the intense musical vibe the Greens were putting out- This was a solid night of song selections from the Greens play list; and had a little Hendrix mini set in the middle.
The Greens are on to a wedding reception/ private party tonight. Back in Parkersburg next Friday night at the Front Row; I expect many of the same folks that were there last night will migrate to Emerson Ave. for that great night of music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home