tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Out of my massive vinyl record sale collection

I have these vinyl record sales as a fund raiser for the agency. I announce I take in old collections of vinyl record, and then several times a year I have sales, with the proceeds going to the work of CHS with area children and families. I have had my ups and downs, getting some really great record collections donated, and then I get a huge amount of records that no one will ever buy, and they keep accumulating. There are always a few diamonds in the rough however, that one person may overlook and another be looking for. There are also novelty items that amuse me and others. Then there are quirky sub-collections that I am amassing. My Herb Albert collection is impressive (especially that whip cream one).
So Eddy Arnold died the other day. I have a stellar collection of over 20 Eddy Arnold records. These cover a range of his career (judging by the age he appears on the covers). I know he sold 85 million records, and I only have 20 of those, but still. The songs he covers range wildly across the spectrum. If anyone wants an Eddy Arnold memorial collection I am the man to see. We could play 6 degrees of separation with this collection, and see where it gets us. Of the album covers he has a tendency to have just a plain old picture of himself on the cover. There is one where he is walking along a railroad track with a guitar over his shoulder, and that is the only down to earth looking one. There is a cover where he has some flowers and chocolates for a date or something. Most are just him sitting there. Most are produced by Chet Atkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home