tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Traveling Music today- just Charleston and back!

I got to listen more intently to Dan Colehour's CD "Straight up the highway"- today, which Fred had clued me in to. This was my first leg of the trip. These are solid "mid western er" songs about small town, the common man, hard working folks.

Then I listened to Bob Dylan's Modern Times. I wanted a fresh listen after hearing the two songs the Stone Road band played at the Birthday tribute.

Finishing up the trip was: Jason Wilber's Live and Otherwise Volume I. This is his 2006 release, with some songs from various albums done in a live setting. Its a good combination for a sampler; showing his versatility from a variety of albums.

I turn back right around tomorrow and have another trip to Charleston, so there will be some female voices tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home