tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Regina Spektor on Mountain Stage (Radio) last night

Its been awhile since I heard someone new (to me) on the radio broadcast of Mountain Stage that captured my attention the way Regina Spektor did last night. Usually I will know of someone and enjoy their segment, or I will just sort of register a new performer. The live shows often are the ones where you get "hooked" on new acts. But I really got intrigued with Regina Spektor's songs last night. I know Beth has sung her praises previously, and I assume I had read some reviews etc. But this was one of those moments of appreciation for what MOuntain Stage is all about; exposing lots of music lovers to new stuff, and giving musicians many new opportunities to gain wider fans.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Dr. Sickness said...

You'll be able to hear the entire set at npr.org/mountainstage later on today, 9/22.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home