tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Greens performed again last night at the Blues Festival in Marietta

The Greens were in the final round at the Marietta Blues Festival at the Lafayette Hotel. They performed third in the line up of 6. They played a set list of: Big Ol' Betsy; Drag Yourself; Humorous Blues, "When Things Go Wrong, It hurts me too" (the cover Blues song, they often do) and All Over Everywhere. Lots of Harmonica! Once again, the Greens got a great crowd response, and the variety and playing mostly different songs from their previous set, all seemed to be good ways to catch folks attention. Unfortunately, the Greens did not prevail in the contest aspect, the top winner was a band from Lancaster Ohio. I don't know if the Greens are dejected, but they have to know they gave it a great shot, got some folks attention, and hopefully may score some gigs - this was a packed house crowd (if Friday night was 300- this was closer to 400!)
I was not feeling well, so I didn't head over to the River City Grille for the after-show jam- so I'll have to wait to hear about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home