tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Door Prizes, contests and more

I think we provide a pretty fun and festive event with our Tribute series shows. We have some quite varied door prizes, but lots of winners walk away happy I believe. The contests are always chaotic and fun, never quite knowing how they will fly- but these last few shows seem to garner some good natured fun with them. With all the set changing going on for this show, it seemed to fit the timing pretty good. The young fellow who won the "foot came through the line" trophy seemed to get in the spirit of it! And I just have to say the Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat (Brand New)looked perfect on Katy, so all her hard work on the promo stuff, and announcing the door prize tickets and stuff, paid off well. It was fitting that Jonny won the 50-50 drawing as he patiently waited to play and then we lost most of the audience for his excellent and spirited set; he was ready to play all night I believe, but we were juggling keeping things going, with helping the 6 Pence crew get ready for the next day's toys for tots motorcycle poker run.
Matt Starcher has muscled his way to the top of the Tribute Series enthusiast lately, giving me much encouragement, even if I can't understand some of his jokes. He is an incredible encyclopedia of song lyrics if you ever get a chance to swap music lore and trivia with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home