tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

traveling music today- Charleston and back

I listened to Owen Temple's Dollars and Dimes today on the way down to Charleston. This was one of the musicians I had seen at the house concert Monday night. This was a great listen; I had heard probably half of these songs the other night, in the live acoustic versions, and this was a great recorded sound of the songs, with some good back up instrumentation, and good solid vocals. These are great travelin' songs; great story songs.
Then I listened to an old non commercial CD of Todd Snider's, "country fried." This had mostly songs NOT recorded on the CD's in his discography, and a "younger" voice. A good thing to listen to, for a tried and true fan, to get a deeper glimpse into Todd's song writing evolution.
On the way back I listened to Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home