tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Greens in Greenwood

I hopped in my car about 8 pm last night (its noticeable how its getting darker earlier here in the fall!) and hit US Route 50 East. I put Will Kimbrough in the CD player after I started getting out of range of WOUB and Mountain Stage. I took the Greenwood exit, a few after Pennsboro, and cruised down the hill, and located the Wet Sprocket. I pulled into the lot, and pulled up next to Nate's Subaru. A minute or so later, the Greens bus pulled into the lot. The folding door sort of malfunctioned, and Ben fixed it. The Greens were sort of pre-occupied with whether they could catch parts of the Mountaineers game against Auburn, which was being delayed due to lightning down in Alabama. We loaded the equipment in. The place newly remodeled with lots of black lights and mirrors, and some really futuristic/ sci-fi chairs and tables for the patrons, had some cheery welcoming folks. The Greens set up workman-like, while various folks tried to figure out whether they could get the Mountaineer game at least on the radio. There was a contingent of Ritchie County Greens fans there, to get the party started, and soon the Doddridge Co. regulars were up dancing and enjoying the Greens phenomenon. The Greens started out with Cars and Horses, with some wailing harmonica work by Andy. They worked through a solid early set of varied originals, to give the audience a taste of their versatility, and gauge the crowd. When they worked in covers, it was adeptly done to further feature their unique sound. This was a great opportunity to appreciate the Greens coming into a new venue and working their magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home