tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

saturday night at the wheel house

Andy played a solo show at the Boreman Wheel house saturday night. There was a little going away party for Jason Nestor, who is moving his law office from the front of the Wheel House on Avery St. to Market St. I didn't write down a set list for this one; a good mix of originals and a few covers - usually at some sort of request. Midnight Special was the third song in. Now that "starving artist" and "Without mercy" are well mixed into the older ones, and there are other new ones thrown in, it always keeps fresh. Andy had me get up to sing a few in the middle, and we did Angel from Montgomery as a special request from Alisha. Ken Storey shouted out for a Johnny Cash song. I was testing the waters for a february benefit tribute for Johnny Cash, and look for that to solidify in the next few weeks. I am adding a raffle for a guitar as an idea for the 2006 line up of benefit musical tributes, so more information will be forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home