tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

john prine show re-cap

Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated John Prine's music last night. We really liked being in the upstairs ballroom I think; many enthusiastic anticipations of the Neil Young show in three weeks up there. Thanks to the musicians- lots of good stuff- a good solid steady line up far into the night- thanks to JT for the sound; to the wheel house for the hospitality and being willing to try the upstairs idea. I hope everybody had a good time; I couldn't circulate around enough to talk to everybody. The wheel house people were happy with how it went; I was happy; so I think we will just keep building on the basic concept, unless I get other feedback. We got a few ideas for next year's shows, but we'll need to refine that and build on that if I want to be able to announce it by Nov. 3rd. The guitar raffle needs pushed over the next few weeks to get some excitement built up, and I need a good last push on the t-shirt sales for the 2006 series. I have some prizes built up, but can always use some more. I can use any help with publicity, too.
thanks to everyone who participated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home