tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, October 13, 2006

tonight's the night

Tonight is the John Prine tribute benefit in downtown Parkersburg 8 pm- $5 donation for the worthy cause of children's home society of west virginia-parkersburg. Its upstairs at the wheel house- come ready for some good music and good cheer- be generous with buying a raffle ticket for a guitar, and a t-shirt if you don't already have one. Give me some suggestions on the 2007 benefit music series; I'll have some paper and pens to write down ideas. I hope to have a few contests intermingled with the music- I often don't end up doing much of that as the music gets going- but I have a few lined up, if the audience shows some enthusiasm and engagement with the spirit of honoring John Prine's music. I hope all the logistics work out all right to have moved it upstairs- we'll sure give it a good try-
I get worried about musicians forgetting or backing out right about now, but its always been working out. Its hard to know if there will be any mystery performers till you get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home