tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Mountain Stage was excellent

Went to a GREAT Mountain Stage tonight- Todd Snider was of course my favorite- but Chris Thile (from Nickel Creek) new band was fantastic sounding and put on a great show; charlie musslewhite (a older blues singer and great harmonica player) started it off and was solid- the Irish lads Guggenheim Grotto- first time in this country were good first exposure to them- Guy Clark finished up the show- a great story teller, a great voice- one of Jerry Jeff's buddies and writer of a number of JJW's most memorable songs..... A truly great evening of music- especially great back to back with last night's adrienne young show- its been awhile since I've been to a mountain stage, and they've been traveling quite a bit, so they seemed comfortable settling back into the familiar place.
Michael Lipton had some great guitar work during James Talley's set; I had a little nostalgia for Graffiti during Michael's editing for some reason.
I also had a brainstorm for the Neil YOung tribute show which I'll report out later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home