tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Next weekend

I will be sorry to miss several music possibilities next weekend here in Parkersburg, as I have a work related conference out of town. Andy is signed up as part of a BIG line up of songwriters at the Blennerhassett on Saturday night, April 14th. Visit the songwritersnight website to gain more updates on the details. That night the Greens are also playing at the Wheel House as part of a benefit for Zack Parr (there is a poker run during the day starting at 1 pm and ending at the wheel house)- you can track down the details elsewhere; but for Greens fans, the details are they will be playing sometime in the evening there.
Friday night, ToddBurge is having the last of his series of second friday's at the Blennerhassett with Devon Sproule (Todd is opening) - I will have to miss this one, too; but have heard some clips of her music, and that has been a nice venue and crowd for the series.
The following Friday, I hope to drift over to Huntington to catch the greens there - something I have never been able to do. I will be in Charleston for meetings Friday and Saturday, probably staying overnight somewhere down that way- so will catch at least one of those huntington shows. Of course, I will be out of place in the marshall university college crowd!!!!!!
I already know of a conflict in May- the greens at the Front Row; but I plan to be at the Hocking Folk Festival in Nelsonville for Todd Snider that night. There is also the Bob Dylan birthday bash that Mike Morningstar and Todd Burge do, I think at the Six Pence Pub. I wouldn't even mind hustling over to Elkins on the 28th for the Greens there; I have my americana music tribute show on friday the 27th here in town; but elkins is a nice town, and not too bad of a trip, if you can combine it with some other sight seeing.
Got a little e-mail from Bill Poole about a movie he'd like to show sometime this upcoming week at the Front Row on Kenny Wayne Shepherd- I'd like to support that concept- (encourage someone else trying that since mine have been busts!!!!!)
I've been working on a grant and listening to: Todd Snider's new CD on Oh Boy records. Now I'm listening to Greg Brown (Evening Call). Since I got on this "list serve" / e-mail thing for Greg Brown, I check it regularly, and get an interesting idea of how people communicate through that- people quickly type in a set list when they get back home from seeing him, and they often give a "fashion" alert as to what he was wearing that night. There was a little flurry of gag e-mails around April Fools Day; a press release that Greg Brown was running for president. Apparently Tim Peacock fooled a few people on April Fools day (Stuarts OPera House)- by saying Neil YOung was coming there to do a concert. That got passed on to the front row, too; Bill picked up on that, and fooled Paul LaPann from the Parkersburg News with that one.
Thanks to Micky for getting the Minton Sparks DVD back to me; I'll get it circulated to a few other folks who might like to see it; maybe I can finally get that review done!!!!!! ( I was supposed to work on that a LONG time ago). I ordered the Steve Goodman book that Clay Eals wrote today. I'll try to get that in circulation too.
I got started getting some flyers up for the April 27th women of americana music tribute show; will keep working on that the rest of the weekend, too.
I'll try to work on a different twist for a story in Free Time this week, too.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Clay Eals said...

Steve:

Thanks so much for your pre-order of the Steve Goodman biography. It's due out next month. Since our last e-mail exchange, I now have an Internet site (it's my name, clayeals.com), where you can see the book cover, scan the celebrity interviewees and read a sample chapter. The momentum is really building, with launch events in Chicago and Seattle. Thanks again, and will stay in touch!

Clay Eals
1728 California Ave. S.W. #301
Seattle, WA 98116-1958

(206) 935-7515
ceals@comcast.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home