tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

john prine tribute show - less than a week countdown

I have been scouring through the previous years memorabilia getting ready for this year's event- some of the contest entries, etc. and e-mail lists, etc. I have hastily thrown together a musicians get together for wednesday at 6 pm at the wheel house; trying to get some lyrics, chords and sheet music over to Jonny Nutter, and giving Matt Starcher a chance to meet a few of the other musicians. I'll try to get a set list from andy some time this week. I have a GREAT prize (a surprise) to give away that night, as well as some of the usual stuff. and the raffle drawing for the two tickets to see john prine in december in charleston. I checked out the jp shrine, and they don't have our event listed like the last two years; focusing on a john prine tribute event in Texas; complete with pictures from their event last year- that's fun to look at; see the musicians and audience down there in texas; looking not too unlike the musicians and audience here in wv. HOpe people are out talking up the event, and the quick turnaround to the neil young event; a month later. Stick in a Greens halloween CD release party half way in between, and you have some good party opp's to support a good cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home