tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

John Prine tribute benefit - two week countdown

Things are shaping up alright for the 5th annual john prine tribute benefit; friday, october 12th at 8 pm at the boreman wheel house. $5 donation goes to the work of CHS in the Parkersburg area. It is reported the agency's CEO will be in attendance. He has been skeptical of these fundraisers as a bona fide / legit fundraiser for the agency; so I hope the Parkersburg music lovers come out to show him how we enjoy our live local music.
Andy (Tuck) assures me he will be here; matt starcher is a new recruit; don baker will be there toward the later part of the night. I am sure jonny nutter is working up some numbers, and don howerton will likely be there. Todd Heslep hopes to be there too.
I have raffle tickets for sale - both in advance, and that night, for two tickets to see John Prine himself on dec. 7th at the municipal auditorium in charleston; and I think I have the deal sealed to have a room at the embassy suites for that night for the winner too.
I have some door prize- john prine stuff too, as usual, though I may back off on the trivia contests this year. Hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home