tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Anais Mitchell at the Front Row

Anais and Michael and Noah put on an excellent show for the audience at the Front Row in Parkersburg WV Thursday night. They played two sets of solid songs with great intensity and enthusiasm. They had the audience rapt with attention. I was worried about the "sports bar" crowd on the other side of the bar, distracting the band, but for the most part have cast off that worry, as it not only seemed that those who had come to listen were pleased and satisfied, but she "held her own" with the distraction, and hopefully even won some admiration there. Of
the songs that I have become familar with in her two albums, she played many; with several now holding fast in my mind. She did "time after time"- cyndi lauper's song toward the end and the instrumentation was so right. Her dylan's chimes of freedom as an encore was hauntingly beautiful and she put her own meaning into the lyrics.
Anais is a very gracious guest; and her enthusiasm and joy of life are apparent in meeting her. The traveling trio have been on a whirlwind tour and things have to be blurring together, but they kept a good spirit about them. We will have fond memories of their visit, and will keep a special attention to the further development of her musical journey from here on out.
Enough people came out, to revive my faith in Parkersburg area music crowd; and I definitely appreciate Bill's support of such ventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home