tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Greens benefit for CHS - spooky event

The Greens will be having a CDrelease/ halloween party/ benefit for children's home society of wv on friday october 26th at the wheel house in downtown parkersburg. The deal is similar to the greens smash event during homecoming- the door will be $5 or $10 will get you in and a copy of the new CD- Broken Science Vol. 2. If you recall, the Greens recorded enough songs at their recent recording session in Morgantown to release two CD's close together, so this is the second one. The first one, of course, is also still for sale- I happen to have some myself.
There will be a costume contest of some sorts, for which I will be "MC'ing" so that ought to be interesting. I may go against my general boycotting of dressing up for halloween and deck out in some silly outfit. The Greens are graciously going to donate a portion of the nights proceeds to their favorite children and family service agency. Look for more details as it unfolds. This event is the night before the Greens head back to NYC on saturday the 27th to play at Fat Annie's again, for a prime weekend show. TheGreens will also be in the p-burg/marietta area the previous weekend at the marietta brewing company. Andy will participate in the JOhn Prine tribute show the 12th before the Greens hit columbus on oct. 13th.
Andy had a birthday show on the 29th up in Morgantown as part of a multi-band show, which I haven't heard any reports on yet. (hint)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home