tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

neil young tribute show

I haven't been touting the neil young show much yet- it comes fairly quickly on the heels ofthe john prine show- saturday november 10th at the wheel house. the last event of the 2007 series, and hopefully enough musicians to give it a good strong showing. I will work up some ideas for it right after the prine show- but bring on the ideas if you have any. Last year, we were riding high on Neil's anti-war CD, and of course, as always, appreciating the rich, diverse legacy. I still wish I could combine my fund raising for CHS with a little support forthe bridge school, but i guess that's a little down the road. I do appreciate the wheel house hanging in there, and being willing to solidly support these events, despite their ups and downs.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger windtower said...

Well, Steve, you are talking about a costume party on Halloween for the Greens and Children's Home Society. I know you like the song "Thunderwear" so will your costume have something to do with that? What about "Big Old Bessie" kind of a take on Mrs. Doubtfire, perhaps? or maybe Jonesie? a "starving artist" or Catherine Zeta-Jones with her machete, if you would go in drag? You could go "Tied to the Whipping Post" so many possibilities...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home