tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, December 17, 2007

traveling music- quicker trip

I drove to Clarksburg and back today in a "wintry mix" - saw lots of electric company trucks zooming along in caravans- don't know if they were coming from the great midwest, or heading to something in the nor'east.
John Prine's Fair and Square got me all the way to Clarksburg- especially with those two bonus tracks!!! Its a good solid album up and down; you realize that there are plenty of good songs on here for his concert set list, but fans crave the old stuff so much, they've had to be selective. Having the glory of true love, taking a walk, and she is my everything worked in pretty regularly now for several years makes them pretty familiar. And of course, Bear Creek Blues has been in the set list for several years too. IT was interesting having the one song from the vinyl record that JOhn did during his mid-set solo time at the concert last week.
The CD for the ride back was : Lucinda Williams, West. LIkewise, that is a good long CD with solid back to back songs all the way through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home