tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Carpenter Ants coming to the Front Row

Bill Poole let me know that the Carpenter Ants are coming to the Front Row, Friday, March 7th. This is the group Michael Lipton is in, which is sort of a house band for the empty glass, I guess you could say; playing there regularly. Charlie T from NYC, Jupiter (Jupie) LIttle, Ted Harrison round out the solid line up. They are fresh off (in my mind)- the Blind Alfred Reed tribute CD with a nice rendition. I still revel in their "picnic with the lord" CD- John the Revelator, it takes everything I got to serve god, take this hammer, workin' on a building..... etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home