tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Bill Poole's updates

Bill Poole says Mike Morningstar had a good crowd Friday night at the Front Row. Mike has offered to open for Watermelon Slim's return to Parkersburg in August; a benefit event for Vietnam Veterans? Bill is hoping Jason Ricci's return later this month will get a good response, on a Thursday night. This was a stunning show during the winter, and its exciting and encouraging that there is a return engagement so quickly. Bill was impressed with the very large turnout the other week for the Greens show; among the best of recent times for the Front Row. The Greens are slated to be back at the end of the month; the day after Jason Ricci, as a matter of fact. Besides a gig in Marietta, this will be the next Parkersburg gig for the Greens, so there should be some eager fans awaiting that show.
Bill and I checked in about the Bob Dylan birthday tribute / benefit; and we're getting into the promotion phase, and lining up the acts performing. I already have the set list for one act; so that helps when talking to others.
I had to thank Bill for his sending me of "out of the blue" little video links. Marmalade's song from 1969 was an amazing transporting back in time. I will try to link it to this blog for some intriguing viewing. I'm not sure if you are under a certain age whether it will have much impact!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home