tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bob Dylan tribute benefit updates

A band from New Martinsville has asked to participate in the Bob Dylan Tribute. They are "The Saturn Society"- and they have a my space site, where you can get a pretty good sense of them. Robbie told me they have a 70 song repetoire of Dylan songs! He was a fun/ enthusiastic guy to talk to on the phone. I will be communicating with him more between now and the show, to make things hospitable for the band down here in Parkersburg.
If you can distribute flyers around town, stop by and see me, and pick some up. Bill always has great looking flyers for shows, and I've got some of my humble little ones, that don't use up so much printer ink!! Send around an e-mail to anybody you think would be interested. The details repeated: Saturday, May 24th (Dylan's actual birthday as it is), 9 pm at the Front Row. $5 donation goes to benefit Children's Home Society of WV in our work with area children and families. Contact Steve Tuck for information: 485-0650.
There is a weekend festival in Hibbing Minnesota, Bob Dylan's home town, featuring Ramblin' Jack Elliott among others.
For those who have been coming to recent tribute series events, you know I have been finding at least one "goofy" door prize (the Hank Williams bobble head, the yodeling pickle, the Johnny Cash action figure) I am stumped for a good one for the Bob Dylan tribute, so if anybody has any ideas. Bob's songs lend themselves to many obscure lyrical references, that could come out as a novelty door prize, so get your thinking caps on. I have the humdrum normal door prizes lining up pretty good, but they are just normal things- CD's and books. If anybody has any ideas for some simple "interactive" contests (friendly competition type stuff) let me know too. I usually come up with these myself, but I never know what creative minds might be at work out there...............
I will give it into the beginning of the week before I start circulating any song lists, or "requests" for certain songs to be performed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home