tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Bettye LaVette at Stuart's Opera House last night

Stuart's Opera House had their annual fundraiser, which had a silent auction and a concert by Bettye LaVette last night over in Nelsonville. This was a great event, I hope they are pleased with the fund raising aspect, as the show had to be all they wanted. Bettye LaVette put on a great show, engaged the audience with her between songs autobiographically sketch; of her 47 years of singing in relative unknown status, and recent years getting some acclamation. She has a tight band that fits her soul music. She had played at last summer's Nelsonville Music Festival on Sunday, and referenced this return trip. She does some interesting interpretations of songs such as Lucinda Williams (you took my joy, I want it back) and John Prine's Souvenirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home