tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Date finalized for Woody Guthrie tribute event

July 15th, Saturday is now the official date of the next event in the Americana Music Tribute series. Exact details will keep formulating, but the main stay will be a night at the Boreman Wheel House, 8 pm- $5 donation. The afternoon event is shaping up to be an "all ages" - outdoor show, focusing on "kids songs" of Woody's. This is where the more details will be forthcoming. It is slated to be at Bicentennial Park in downtown Parkersburg; with food, (hopefully) Sponsors, so we can just make it a "pass the hat" thing. I will start putting the word out for musicians soon; but several folks have begun rehearsing their Woody songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home