tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Andy at Six Pence Pub- st. patricks day

I was totally unprepared for the crowd at the st. patricks day event at 6 pence. I got there late because we had been to stuart's opera house in nelsonville for the cherryholmes (blue grass music) show (which was excellent, and another story....)
6 pence was PACKED- a huge turnout; hard to get a handle on everyone who you knew there.... Andy had them already pumped full throttle by the time I got there. He went through a good mix of party tunes; his own; and select covers of his own choice. Lots of enthusiastic friends; lots of enthusiastic dancing, especially there toward the end. I saw A LOT of the good Johnny Cash tribute participants; very good to see them, and still see their enthusiasm for THAT show, and upcoming benefits.
There was some grumbling about the Greens not being fully present; apparently a preference of the management; to have solo performers (on friday nights) or something. Of course, Andy was up for whatever task was laid before him; but Greens fans saw a good opportunity for a full band outing, with the holiday celebrators.
Apparently I have been ignorant of st. patrick's day's allure to the partyers. I THOUGHT I would be coming to a pretty standard Parkersburg live music scene, but was quite awed by the festive nature of the crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home