tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Vinyl Record sale- coming up April 1st

This is no april fools joke- there really will be a vinyl record sale as a benefit for Children's Home Society of WV on april 1st, from 11 am to 4 pm in front of The Sound Exchange on Murdoch Ave. in Parkersburg (on the way up to grand central ave. etc.) The Sound Exchange, a great local business, and great concept, is graciously allowing me to set up a table out front (weather permitting!!!) or in the door (weather not permitting) with a select group of the millions (exageration) of records accumulated last year at the two events held outside the st. mary's ave. office. I will also be selling t-shirts of the Americana Music series, and raffle tickets for the guitar and other items raffle (to be drawn at the Neil Young event in November). I will also be plugging what ever live music stuff I can (that is upcoming) and trying to negotiate anything I can to promote live music and musical fund raisers for my worthy cause. Give me some signs of life that people are spreading the word about the vinyl records sale- last years two events were a little disappointing in the turnout; very good in terms of donations of records; though i am getting a huge collection of probably un-sellable ones........ that will have to be creatively passed on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home