tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Townes Van Zandt movie at Stuart's

I went to see the Townes Van Zandt movie at Stuart's Opera House last night. Its a well done movie; with some interesting old vintage home movie type stuff interspersed with interviews of musicians and friends reflections on his life and music. There was a lot of family members and they obviously all had a lot of good memories and fondness; not any kind of scandals and negative baggage. He has three interesting kids of quite varied ages. Three wives all had different vantage points. Guy Clark was a hoot, and the various college and road manager types were interesting. Tim Peacock tried to roust some interest in some folks singing some Townes songs afterwards; I didn't wait to see if it materialized, as it looked like it wasn't; and I had the long drive back. I like to see how people at least TRY those sorts of things. There were I'd say, 50 + people there. Showing movies is a nice change of pace, they had a good set up for it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home