tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

fun singing some harmonies with andy

Without any rehearsing or preparation, andy and I sang a pretty hefty number of duets the other night at the JOhn PRine show; pulled all them-there lyrics out of somewhere. Todd Heslep has a very impressive song list going very deep, and he was in fine form Friday night. Matt Starcher, a new comer, wasn't feeling well; so that was a downer; hopefully he'll keep coming back- he adds a lot of enthusiasm. And of course, Jonny Nutter, is a great supporter and works hard to learn new songs. It was nice that his mom (a long time Prine fan) came along; too bad no body could play "killing the blues" for her..........
The contests were typically anarchistic and chaotic, but there is something there worth it to keep trying!!!!! and the build up and suspense of the big raffle drawing got pretty exciting. Becky McCrady won the big prize, and she was dutifully excited and amazed. I (as usual) felt sad for all the hopeful participants who hoped they had the winning ticket............ well, you can still pursue buying some tickets (I don't think its sold out yet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home