tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm having a "No Depression" depression

I just found out my favorite magazine is closing up shop- ceasing publication- calling it quits. No Depression, the magazine I get lots of information from, and enjoy(ed) the editorial slant of immensely, is stopping after the next edition. They cite loss of advertising (mainly from indie labels, etc. which are suffering, etc.) higher production and postage, etc. I am a dinosaur I know to like the print media in this day and age of internet, but I liked having the magazine in hand. I'll try to put in some links so you can hear it first hand, what the analysis of the print media's demise. Boo Hoo. so sad. too bad. I'll keep my back issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home