tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Johnny Cash tribute -3 days away!

Its only a couple of days until the 3rd annual Johnny Cash tribute benefit show. Saturday, Feb. 23rd at 8 pm down at the wheel house in downtown Parkersburg. $5 donation at the door contributes to the work of Children's Home Society of WV in the Parkersburg area. We provide services to area children and families, and are always looking for ways to further help the community in its caring, service, and advocacy. We have a lot going on, and people are working hard day in and day out in dedicated service. Stop by and visit, or just drop us a line of encouragement when you can!!!
The music is shaping up well; I'm keeping a skeptical eye on the weather, as we are currently (Wednesday) having snow, and pretty cold weather. But we'll venture out and bring some winter cheer on Saturday. I have been more consumed with the vinyl record sale, so now that the Cash Bash is close, I better dust off my contests, and door prize tickets and such. If anyone is willing to take the donations at one of the doors, I'd appreciate it.
I'll be heading down tonight at 6-6:30 to see if anyone shows up for the traditional "musician's gathering"- and to finalize things with Jimmy C. Then the true countdown begins. Spread the word, see ya there.

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger ashlienutter said...

jonny is definately playing & 1313. dave would like to play around 10ish if possible. jonny is gonna try to make it to the meeting tonite!!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger steve tuck said...

great- thanks for the updates!!! bbrrrrr its cold out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home