tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

talkin' 'bout a dusty ol' pile o' vinyl records on de floor

I have been sorting through the recent barrage of dusty old vinyl records that have been pouring in based on my newspaper notice, getting ready for the first 2008 vinyl record sale on March 1st, from 10 am - 3pm in front of the Sound Exchange here in Parkersburg. There is mostly a bunch of dusty old crap here, which is back breaking to deal with (can you sense I am a tad bit grumpy about it?) But you always dig for the little jewels in there. An employee brought in her grandparents record player / cassette player / 8 track player combination as a donation, and this is good- it is in excellent shape; plays the records like a real trooper (trouper?) so you can sample the stuff. I am accumulating a pretty bizarre group of exercise records and instructional records from the 60's etc. Baton twirling, limbo, etc.
This is a back breaking enterprise (did I already say that?) and I think I am ingesting some mold from the dust around the records.
Please come out and browse on March 1st, and be encouraging; don't mock me. And only bring GOOD records if you are donating- I have plenty of Herb Alpert, Andy Williams, Ray Coniff, Polka music, classical music, opera. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home